University Faculty Research Grant Program
The University Faculty Research Grant Program supports new, interdisciplinary faculty research teams. Grants funded through this program must utilize novel and innovative approaches to answer potentially high impact research questions.
HFHL seeks proposals that are highly interdisciplinary, and that include members from at least three distinct disciplines. The research must have a high potential for growth and for becoming self-supporting over time. Applicants may request up to $150,000 for projects up to 2 years in length.
Proposals must fall into at least one of the following three categories:
- Food protection (food safety)
- Prevention of obesity and diet-related disease and/or;
- Food Security
Each proposal must fit into one of two priority areas:
- Integration of agricultural & health sciences
- Programmatic, Environmental and/or Policy-level Change
The Healthy Foods, Healthy Lives Institute is extending deadlines for all spring 2020 requests for proposals in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the updated deadlines below:
- The deadline for letters of interest (LOI) is 5:00 pm, Friday, May 15, 2020. LOI's are required and must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Invitations to submit full proposals will be sent out by Friday, May 22nd, 2020
- The deadline for full proposals is 5:00 pm, Monday, June 29, 2020. By the deadline, an electronic copy (pdf) of the grant application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Awards will be announced in July 2020.
Please use the Cover Sheet Template for preparing both the LOI and Full Proposal.