HFHL Planning Grant Program
The Planning Grant Program supports the development of University interdisciplinary faculty research teams or community-university research partnerships related to food, nutrition, and health. Planning Grant award recipients must work towards the preparation and submission of a grant proposal to a 2021 HFHL funding cycle OR proposals may be prepared and submitted to other equivalent University sources, as well as major government or private sources. For University faculty and/or staff and community members seeking to develop relationships, the expected outcome is that participants: develop an authentic, cohesive, equitable, and sustainable partnership toward a proposed project that utilizes participatory action research, or other creative strategies for addressing community-identified problems.
Starting in 2020, the Faculty Planning Grant Program and the Planning Grant program for Community-University Partnership was combined into one grant program.
Fall 2020 Planning Grant Program Timeline
• Request for proposals released: Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020
• Planning Grant Proposal due: Wednesday, November 18th, 2020
• Awards announced: Friday, December 18th, 2020
• Funding commences (subject to change*): Monday, January 4th, 2021
• Project end date (subject to change**): Friday, June 18th, 2021
• Final report due (subject to change**): Wednesday, July 21st, 2021
* Based on grantee award acceptance date
** Based on the actual project start date